Nail Polish - What's Your Budget?

The other day I was chatting to my friends over tea and cake about polish ... of course! I had mentioned that I am starting to think about buying the Harmony Gelish kit and some of their colours for when I launch my business next month. I mentioned that their gel colours are around £25 each and from the following gasps that emanated from the table, you would have thought I'd just admitted to some hideous crime.


However it got me thinking, especially with the soon to be released Victoria Beckham x Nails Inc Duo (priced at a whopping £45), is there a standard price point for polish (not gel) that most of us wouldn't go over. For me, buying polish is in the same bracket as a takeaway coffee and the latest Nail It magazine. I will easily spend between £3-£5 and think noting of it, however above that I have to seriously think whether I want to commit to buying something I will no doubt wear once and then use very occasionally, occasionally if it's lucky.

With the release of many high end and in my opinion, over priced nail polishes, I was wondering if I am the only one that thinks of polish this way? Last year I remember adding the gorgeous Rouge Louboutin to my Harvey Nicks shopping basket and entering my card details before I realised what I was doing. I know many across the IG nail community raved about this product but the more I thought about it, the more I realised I was caught up in a very clever ad and pr campaign. For one thing, I don't really wear much red polish, for another, I'd need a whole new storage solution for that ridiculous bottle and lastly, I could get around 10 Barry M polishes for that price.


Don't get me wrong, I spend money on beauty products that I believe warrant a higher price tag. Face and hair products being a couple. I will happily spend £36 (the price of the Louboutin polish) on a cream, plus more. However I use this day in and day out. I was never going to wear that red on my nails everyday.

Louboutin isn't the only label to produce a nail polish line that's pricey, although it is one of the most expensive. Chanel, Micheal Kors and Dior are all brands which I have products from however I would never spend the money on their polish regularly. It's also why I have few indie brand polishes. I appreciate they have to make a living, but here in the UK we have to buy through 3rd parties and I feel the standard price of £10 is a little steep. 

I love to go into a shop and feel I'm getting a bargain. The thrill of the hunt and the illusion (it is an illusion) I am somehow getting a great deal by buying 3 for 2 or 2 for £6 is what makes polish buying fun and allows me to do it on a weekly basis. Something my bank account wouldn't thank me for if I was buying the new Louboutin range rather than the new Models Own collection.

I'd also like to state that a higher price tag doesn't mean a better quality product when it comes to polish. Many of my Essie polishes I own are the worst to weather the test of time and a lot of the indies I was fortunate enought to get back in the days we UK girls were able to have nail mail, have turned nasty. I think each brand on the high street has their good and bad polishes, however I am happily their biggest fan. I will more likely recommend a Gosh/Models Own polish over Nails Inc/OPI.

Saying that many pricey polish brands have upcoming and recent releases I would be happy to own, if only someone else footed the bill.

Here are just a few;




What are your thoughts? Do you have a price limit on polish? Have you spent a lot of money on a polish and regreted it, or thought it was the best decision ever?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard