Collection's Mardi Gras Collection - Swatches & Review

I have been thinking about grabbing Collection's Mardi Gras polishes for a couple of weeks now, there's something about a small Limited Edition Collection that just grabs my attention. Plus I haven't tried any of the polishes from this brand before so I thought it was the perfect taster.


Their newer style bottles look a lot nicer than the older ones but they are still only 8ml so although the price looks good at £1.99 each, you're not really getting much. However I can say that for the price, these polishes are great. They all applied well and the formula's were thick but not difficultly so.

There are only 3 colours in this little collection; a white creme, a yellow creme and a green shimmer. I grabbed the leaflet that was on the stand with these polishes and on the back were some instructions!


The leaflet said to wear the yellow and green over the white to make them pop ... so of course I had to do a quick comparison before I applied any polish to my nails. On the swatch wheel below the first of the 2 swatches per colour is over white. I feel that both do look nicer over white but it only makes a big enough difference to the yellow.


I don't know about you but I find white under coats a massive pain and tend to avoid them whenever I can.

White Out is the white creme base that Collection suggest you wear under the other 2 polishes. This is 2 coats on it's own, no topcoat.


Canary Yellow is a stunning bright sunny polish. I applied 2 coats over White Out.


Green With Envy is a lovely warm emerald with a slight silver shimmer. I applied 2 coats over White Out.


Overall I like these polishes. At the moment if you spend £3.99 on Collection cosmetics you can get a free lip balm. There were 3 flavours to choose from; apple, strawberry and orange. I had a little sniff of all 3 of the testers and knew immediately I had to have the orange. It smells amazing and feels lovely on.

My only little moan about these polishes is that the names of the individual colours are not linked very well to the collection name. I look forward to seeing many more little collections from Collection and will most definitely be picking up other colours from their permanent range.

Grab yours now from Boots or Superdrug for £1.99 each, check out the Collection website for your nearest stockist.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard