Barry M - New Silk Nail Paints in Forest, Poppy & Orchid

My 2nd instalment from Barry M's recent releases are the Silks. The 6 previous silks have such a subtle palette that it's nice to see Barry M injecting a little bit more 'mood' into this collection. The finish on these is indeed very silky or some might say 'velvet'. I personally love the finish, however my desire to wear a topcoat for both longevity & fast drying time means I can't wear these successfully in their intended state .... I tried and before I knew it had crease marks & jumper print on my nails!


 First up is Forest. This is an intensely deep jungle green which leans bluer in photos. You can see the shade the camera captures at the edge of the bottle. It's so rich on the nail. I used 2 coats for the photos below. It has a slight 'grainy' look to the finish which comes from the pigment having a slight duochrome tendency and a shimmer in 1, but either way its beautiful.

Barry M Forest, Silk Collection

Barry M Forest, Silk Collection

 Poppy is another 'grainy', slightly duochrome/shimmery silk. The deep burgundy colour of this reminds me of mulled wine or Christmas Poinsettias and it's the perfect shade for winter as it makes your skin appear more tan. I used 2 coats for the photos below.

Barry M Poppy, Silk Collection

Barry M Poppy, Silk Collection

 Last up is Orchid ... what a stunner this colour is. They got the name spot on here, this is Pantone's colour of the year 2014 'Radiant Orchid' in a bottle. I adore this polish, it's smooth, beautiful and indeed radiant on the nail. There's no 'grainy' finish to this which makes it even more special. I used 2 coats for the photos below.

Barry M Orchid, Silk Collection

Barry M Orchid, Silk Collection

Overall what is not to like from these 3, the colours & finish are perfect. Although I would have liked to see more wintry style names like Pine Tree & Poinsettia instead but that is me being picky!

I bought these for £3.99 each from Superdrug (& got another free Show Girl Mascara worth £4.99, my lashes are set for the rest of the year). They will be released on the 1st October in Boots as well.

What do you think of these new silks? Which is your fave?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard