The Lacquer Lab Miami Collection - Swatches & Review

It's no secret that I adore The Lacquer Lab, this UK indie company is taking the lacquer world by storm and each time they release a collection they top themselves.

Their newest collection is the Miami Collection. This is The Lacquer Lab's second collection based on a city. It takes inspiration from the stunning, soft pastel art deco buildings that line the shopping strip in tanner’s haven, South Beach. I love Miami and these colours depict the atmosphere and palette of the city perfectly.


http://www.thelacquerlab.com/product/miami-collection
Photo taken from The Lacquer Lab's Website

Its a muted, pastel collection made up of 4 creme lacquers and 1 beautiful flakie, something quite different from The Lacquer Lab which has previously stuck to bolder colours in their Marrakech Collection. The colours are perfect for summery days spent on the beach and warm evenings spent sipping massive cocktails on Ocean Drive. The picture below is of me doing just that. This cocktail cost $25, but it was amazing.



Ocean Drive is an icy, baby blue pastel lacquer. It applies like a dream and I only needed 2 coats for full coverage.

The Lacquer Lab's Ocean Drive

Rollerbabin' is a yummy soft bubblegum pink. I love the different pink nuances that The Lacquer Lab produces and this is possibly my favourite. Again it was good to go in 2 coats.

The Lacquer Lab's Rollerbabin'

Kickin' It is a sun bleached grey that you see a lot of in Miami. It is such an interesting and unique colour and perfect for everyday nails as the colour is very office friendly. I used 2 coats for the photo below.

The Lacquer Lab's Kickin' It

So-Be is the last creme of this collection. Its a sunny, pastel lemon which darkens/tans any skin tone in a similar way white does. I have developed a soft spot for yellow this year and I love this lacquer. I used 2 coats for the photo below.

The Lacquer Lab's So-Be

Lastly is Dressed To Kill, The Lacquer Lab's first foray into Flakie lacquers. I love iridescent flakies. I tried this over every colour in this collection and it was stunning over each and every one. However gorgeous it looks in real life, it is incredibly difficult to get it captured in a photo so I am wearing it over Pepper, mattified so you can see just how beautiful it is. I used only one coat for the photo below and it has just the right amount of sparkle & glitz.

The Lacquer Lab's Dressed To Kill

Its hard to pick a favourite but I do love Kickin' It and So-Be, these are the types of colours I think look stunning in the summer if you're not into brighter shades.

Get the whole collection for only £29 from The Lacquer Lab's website or get the individual lacquers for £7 each. I highly recommend you do, this collection was included in Harper's Bazaar 'July Beauty Essentials' amongst other big brands such as NARS, MAC and YSL.

I leave you with my favourite photo of Miami.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard