Barry M May 2014 Gelly Hi-Shine Collection - Swatches & Review

So today I popped into Boots and managed to find all 7 of the new Barry M Gelly's. I did a little internal cartwheel us polish crazed fans do when we spot a new collection early.

I grabbed all 7 as quick as I could, raced to the till and threw my card at the cashier as quick as possible, all the while scared I was going to get stopped by some burly polish bouncer who would stop me buying the polishes as they aren't due for release until next Wednesday. Actually what happened was that the woman rang them through the till oblivious that these were a new, sort after polish commodity and I left feeling high as a kite.


Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Summer 2014 - Almond, Olive, Elderberry, Kiwi, Pink Punch, Damson & Coconut
 

The formula for these polishes is standard for Gelly's but I find that if I apply a thin coat, followed by a thicker coat, that the coverage is great. Pigmentation is as excellent as always!

First up is Almond, this creamy vanilla polish is a slightly lighter version of Barry M's Matte Vanilla. I will do a comparison between these polishes and others (Lychee) at some point. I used 2 coats, no topcoat for the photo below.

Barry M Gelly Almond

Olive is a pale khaki green. I am not a big fan of this colour but I don't think I have anything like it in my collection, it's definitely unique for me. I used 2 coats, no topcoat for the photo below.

Barry M Gelly Olive

Elderberry is a gorgeous pale cornflower blue with a grey tinge. Its so pretty and reminds me of stormy skies. I used 2 coats, no topcoat for the photo below.

Barry M Gelly Elderberry

Kiwi is a gorgeous bright grass green. Barry M does not have many green polishes and this is a brilliant addition. Its so different to any green they have released before and looks stunning on.

Barry M Gelly Kiwi

Coconut is just like the colour of coconut milk. Its slightly off white and will be the perfect base for many manis to come. I used 2 coats, no topcoat for the photo below.

Barry M Gelly Coconut

Damson is a gorgeous bright powdery blue. Straight off it looks like Barry M's Blue Grape Gelly but I have swatched these two side by side and Blue Grape is a lot deeper and darker. I used 2 coats, no topcoat for the photo below.

Barry M Gelly Damson

Lastly is Pink Punch. Wow this polish is a beauty. Its a bright barbie pink and I love it. Its very similar to Barry M's Shocking Pink, but is different enough to warrant getting both. It's very different to all other pink tone Gellys, again I have done comparison swatches so look out for that post soon. I used 2 coats, no topcoat for the photo below.

Barry M Gelly Pink Punch

Overall these new additions to the Gelly Hi-Shine range by Barry M are great. The colours are lovely and although they're not typical summer colours I like the way that Barry M has avoided the bright, neon colours that most other brands bring out at this time of year. Despite the still missing yellow Gelly Hi-Shine polish (which I hope is in the works) I am glad to have these new colours in my collection.

What do you think about these new polishes? Will you be buying them?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard