#tbt Rimmel Cocktail Colour - Swatches & Review

#tbt or throwback Thursday - is a massive hashtag craze on instagram so I thought I would make it into a blog feature. Every Thursday I aim to bring you swatches and a review of an old collection.

Rimmel Cocktail Colour In A Flash was released last summer and is a beautiful mix of 5 glass fleck beauties.


Baby Bellini is a grape purple polish with a violet glass fleck. I used 3 thin coats for the photo below, no topcoat. This polish built up beautifully after 2 coats, but I really wanted it to be as deep and rich as in the bottle so I added the extra one. It shimmers from light to dark and looks even more stunning in real life than these photos show.
 


Shirley Temple is a super gorgeous satsuma orange polish that has a golden yellow glass fleck. I used 3 thin coats again for this photo, no topcoat. I think this polish is perfect for the summer and I know it'll be one I'll reach for time again on sunny days.



Apple Berry Smoothie is the most gorgeous blueberry blue with a silvery blue glass fleck. In the bottle it looks like it has a slight magenta duochrome but this never appears on the nail. However it is still the most beautiful polish. I used 3 coats for the photo below, no topcoat.



Cutie Colada is a lime green polish with lime glass fleck. This looks really lovely in the bottle but is so thin and pale that it took 5 coats to build up to a colour even similar to the colour seen in the bottle. You can see that it still looks more yellow-green than the lime green in the bottle. Boo!



Hawaiian Punch is a strawberry polish with raspberry glass fleck. This is so beautiful and I used 3 coats for the photos below, no topcoat. This was really pigmented and again like Baby Bellini could have been fine after 2 coats.



Overall this collection is amazing, even the runt of the pack 'Cutie Colada' which will have to be worn over a similar base colour is beautiful. Some of these polishes are still available in some high street stores, however they are on there way to be discontinued so if you like them, grab them now. I had to buy a couple online to complete my collection and managed to find a seller on eBay which sells these for £1.98 with free delivery.

Collage Time:


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard