Barry M Aquarium Collection Swatches & Review


Barry M have just released their 3rd new collection for 2014 & we're only in March. The Aquarium collection is a stunning mix of 4 duochrome & 2 glitter nail paints which totally complement each other.
 
 
Although this 6 piece collection looks beautiful altogether it can easily be split in half with 3 'Blues' & 3 'Pinks' forming the 2 mini collections.

Starting with the Blues, you have Mermaid, Pacific & Arabian.
 
 
Pacific is a gorgeous oily aqua teal to blue duochrome. I used 2 coats over Barry M Black for the photo below.

 



 
Arabian is a golden khaki to green duochrome which reminds me of beetle wings. I used 2 coats over Barry M Black for the photo below.
 
 
 
Mermaid is a glitter wonder. As you can see from the macro shot below it contains a mix of green, blue & gold large flake glitters.


I have used 1 generous coat over Pacific & Arabian for the photos below. The glitter payoff for this was amazing!
 
 
 
It looks amazing over both polishes but the large flakes do tend to stick up (see macros below) and so if you were wearing Mermaid as part of your mani I would recommend a couple of thick coats of your fave topcoat.
 
 
 
Next up I have the Pinks which consist of Treasure Chest, Caspian & Mediterranean.
 
 
Caspian is a beautiful lavender pink to gold duochrome. I used 2 coats over Barry M Black for the photo below.
 
 
 
Mediterranean is a stunning pink to amber duochrome which was a clear favourite for me. I used 2 coats for the photo below.
 
 
 

Treasure Chest is the second glitter wonder of the Aquarium collection. As you can see from the macro below is contains a mix of gold & rose large flake glitters.
 
 
I have used 1 generous coat over Caspian & Mediterranean for the photos below. The glitter payoff for this was just as amazing as Mermaid.
 
 
 
 
Clearly this glitter topper was designed perfectly for these 2 polishes. Like Mermaid the large flakes do tend to stick up (see macros below) and so I would high recommend top coating your mani.
 
 
 
I LOVE this collection & urge you all to run to your nearest retailer & pick it up if you haven't. The only gripe I have is that the names of the polishes don't really match the collection name. When I think about aquariums I tend to think about sea life centres and home fish tanks whereas the names of these polishes make me think about oceans ... therefore the Oceanic Collection could have been a better name - just me?
 
I bought my set from Superdrug which is currently running a buy 2 nail paints for £6 offer. I know that Boots, Tesco & of course the Barry M website also sell these.

If unlike me you're not bothered about owning the whole collection and only want a couple I would get Pacific & Mediterranean. The glitters are great but they're nothing new, however these 2 duochromes are insane

Collage time:
 

 
 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard