The big black smoke

Everything 1960s vintage

Last week I decided to take a little day trip into London. London has a comforting familiarity to me as it's where I'm from. I didn't have any plans, which I think can sometimes be the best way to take a trip, to just go where the fancy takes you.

I spent the morning around Camden, weaving my way in and out of record and vintage stores and browsing trinkets on stalls in the Stables. Camden is a bit of a tourist trap, but it holds a lot of nostalgia for me as it's where I used to always hang out with my friends, and because it was a weekday it wasn't too busy.

Leaving empty handed, I headed to Soho and spent the rest of the day wandering through the streets until I'd done a big full circle. I started at Berwick Street which has a few record shops worth a visit. I rarely leave empty handed, and today was no exception. There are often rare pressings available, but you'll not find any bargains (I don't think you'd find bargains in any record store in London, hence I like living in the countryside where they're £1!) They also sell quite a wide selection of bootlegs, and that's what I usually buy. I found Saint Tropez, a live recording by Pink Floyd; As A Matter Of Fact It's All Dark which is demos and alternative takes from Dark Side Of The Moon; and A Ladder To The Stars which is BBC sessions by Queen.



I wanted to visit Lazy Oaf and Monki which are over by Carnaby Street. I know Carnaby Street is often seen as some kind of "mecca" for vintage lovers, but it's really nothing special, just the usual high street stores that you can find most other places. No boutiques left I'm afraid!

If I'm near Oxford Street, I can't resist popping into Topshop, it's my weakness and where I spent most of my money! I may as well make the most of that student discount! I was particularly taken with the shoes, finding two pairs that I'm absolutely in love with. I've had a bit of a shoe overhaul recently, and gotten rid of about 80% of my collection that was either gathering dust or no longer inspiring me so I could justify buying a couple of new pairs.


I love these galaxy print platform trainers, they go perfectly with my casual clothes and will look so cute with ankle socks in the spring. My old Converse finally gave up last year after 12 years of use, so these fill that gap perfectly. I also love how they go with the sequined Skinny Dip backpack I got too.


I ummed and ahhed over these lovely gold boots, but they're probably the thing I'm most pleased with and I couldn't stop getting them out to admire on the train on the way home. They were in the sale, and they're made of the most buttery soft leather imaginable. Wearing them feels like I'm just wearing a pair of socks, they're so comfortable. And I love their '60s design, they're a direct replica of metallic boots that were available at the time.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard