Recent Acquisitions

I wanted to share the vintage knick knacks I've been picking up over the past week to add to my collections.

Firstly, I attended Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair in Bristol this past Sunday. I've been to a few Judy's Vintage fairs now, and I really feel I prefer the offerings in Lincoln overall, but I certainly found some lovely things! I was ever so pleased that everything fit me too, as I tried nothing on and was wrapped up in my big Afghan coat so holding things up to myself wasn't very helpful. I guess I know my body better than I realise, as I've certainly felt the disappointment before of finding the perfect thing only to not be able to pull up the zip!



First is this gingham mod shift dress, with the tie attached. I just adore the colours of this, and I've long admired the mod look of pairing traditionally male items of clothing with dresses, I even remember writing an entire post about it when my blog was still Oh! Darling. I've never had the confidence to just pair a random tie with a random dress before though, so I love that this comes preselected for me to achieve the look effortlessly. I was worried that this dress would be too small, but to my utter delight it fits! The lining is a bit too small over my hips so I can't pull it down all the way, but the dress fits me with room to spare which is odd! Upon closer inspection I noticed that at some point over the past 50 years some lovely person has very carefully hand-stitched to let the bust out an inch which I'm very grateful for! Unfortunately I don't have the boyish figure of Twiggy so I definitely needed that extra room.


Next is this citrusy crimplene dress which I was worried would be too big but fits just right. I kept looking at it and leaving it, but the fab colours would play on my mind so I'd go admire it again and leave it again. Just as I was about to leave I had that feeling in my gut that I'd regret it if I didn't buy it, so went back yet again this time to take it with me. The stall holder must have thought I was nuts going back and forth so often! I'm so glad I went back for it though, it's become my favourite of the lot.


Lastly this folk '70s midi skirt. I just love the floral pattern on the fabric and the lace trim along the bottom tier. This will be perfect for a casual outfit during the height of summer with a folk style top and my platform sandals.


I also managed to pick up a few records I've been after for a long time now. Opel now completes my little Syd Barrett collection so I was very happy to finally find it. I don't have any of the compilations of his work that have been released, but I don't really feel I need them now I have this as well as The Madcap Laughs and Barrett. I also finally picked up a copy of Ogden's Nut Gone Flake by Small Faces. This is probably my favourite of their albums, and whilst I have seen it before it's often terribly overpriced so when I saw this one I knew it had to be mine. Of course I had to make sure I got one of the originals with the round cover.


I also picked up this book from the charity shop which is exciting. It was sitting on display on the top shelf, and I almost overlooked it as you can bet as big of a fan as I am of Stephen King that I've already read The Bachman Books. If you haven't read this particular collection, I highly recommend it as it contains my all time favourite Stephen King story, The Long Walk. So I was ready to dismiss this find, until I noticed that it had not three books listed on the cover, but four. It contains the novella Rage, which has been long out of print. Rage is said to be the first novel King ever wrote back in 1965, and was first published in 1977. It's about a school shooting, long before school shootings were ever a real thing, and is said to have inspired many of the school shootings that happened in the US throughout the 80s and 90s. King himself had the book withdrawn as he was so horrified that his horror novel had come to life. So it's quite a difficult book to get hold of, and one that I'm curious to read with all of the somber history surrounding it.

And what a note to end the post on! I hope you've all had a lovely week, and let me know if you've found any goodies recently, I'd love to hear!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard