Thrifty finds

'Home' for me is really great for vintage and records - something I completely took for granted until I moved away and saw how much scarcer and more expensive these things are where I am now. So when I knew I'd be going back for Christmas I hoped I might find some wonderful things. And I picked up a whole bunch of goodies!




There was a big pile of different vintage fabrics and curtains, some of them really beautiful. I fell in love with a pair of truly psychedelic silk curtains in a multi coloured paisley pattern, but unfortunately they had a price fitting for how wonderful they were. I did however find this little floral off cut of fabric for only £1. It's so pretty and delicate I couldn't leave it behind, I love the flowery trim. I have about a metre of which I'm undecided what to do with so far, but even if I only use it as a tablecloth I'll be perfectly happy.



I've been desperately in want of a new purse for a long time now, my old one I'd been using every day for nine years and it was literally falling apart and very little use. I'd of been happy with a modern purse and wasn't particularly on the hunt for a vintage one, but I couldn't find anything in a decent size, all modern purses are absolutely huge! I don't want something that's going to fill up my entire handbag all by itself. Walking into the little vintage store I wasn't looking for purses, but when I saw a basketful of them thought I'd may as well give them a look. And I'm so glad I did as I found this little tan leather beauty! It looks as if it's never been used, or if it has it's only been lightly. It'll be such a pleasure pulling this out of my bag, and to think it only cost £6. Being vintage it's obviously missing a little feature we take for granted nowadays: pockets for your credit cards! But luckily I only have the one card so it's not a problem as I can slip it in with my bank notes.

I was also pleased to find this little floral 1970s tin. I already have one exactly the same in a different pattern, as can be seen here. I keep it next to my record player as it's the perfect size to store my record cleaner, record brush and cloth, scales and 45 adapters and such. It's such a handy size that I know I'll make use of this one in no time. I bought both tins from the same store years apart, a funny coinsidence.




This lovely 1970s sweater was being hidden away underneath a jacket and was very almost overlooked. It's in such good condition I expected it to cost much higher than it's £8 tag so I was quick to grab it! It'll look perfect with a mini skirt and boots.

I was paying at the counter when I noticed a jar of brooches I'd overlooked, with this perfect enamel daisy lying on top. An enamel flower pin is something I've wanted for the absolute longest time, but have never been lucky enough to find one in the flesh so I was quick to snap this up. It wasn't cheap at £10, but it's in beautiful condition and I felt it absolutely worth it - I've seen them sell for much higher!



I also found this wonderful cropped jacket for an absolute steal. It's made from a spangly lurex and will dress up my colourful tent dresses just perfectly. The label is 'Mary Fair, 18 Baker St' which I can't find anything about. I asked my mum hoping she might know as she grew up a stones throw away in Marylebone, but she laughed and said Baker Street boutiques were way out of her budget in the '60s! If you know anything about Mary Fair, do let me know, it's such a beautifully made little jacket and I'd love to know it's background.



This 1950s magazine rack I've had my eye on for the past year, it's brown and mustard and quite lovely but cost just that little bit more than I wanted to spend. This visit they were having a sale, so I grabbed it straight away! I love these little magazine racks, they're the perfect size for storing LPs. I can put my most played ones in here to make them easier to grab.




I also had a lot of luck in the two record stores I visited! I bought 16 LPs and 5 45s for £40! I'm lucky if I can find them for under £10 each where I live currently, and that's in poor condition. I went a little mad and grabbed some LPs I'm less familiar with just because I liked the covers or what not. I also found a few I've been after for a long, long time. I've always struggled to find The Kinks, but was lucky enough to find two original pressings. Aladdin Sane is a most welcome addition to my Bowie collection. I had to laugh finding Sheer Heart Attack by Queen - I'd been looking for this album for years and had only recently been able to add it to my collection. Then I found two more copies! Although I already own it, I get far to excited finding anything Queen related so just had to get one of them and for only £3 why not?

I also added two Christmas LPs to my collection as they were out for the season, even if I won't be listening to them for a year now. I've found myself wishing for some festive records to listen to, and these are perfect. The Christmas Album particularly, it's a Now That's What I Call Music compilation that my mother used to own in cassette form when I was little, so the cover art brought back wonderful memories and it's got a fab track listing including Wizzard, Queen, Slade, Greg Lake, etc.



I also had a quick sort through the 45s and found these. I'm less fussed about 45s so I try to only buy picture sleeves unless it's an artist I collect such as Pink Floyd or Queen. I already own the sleeve to Thank God It's Christmas, but the actual disc inside when I bought it was for Bohemian Rhapsody / I'm In Love With My Car, so I'm glad to now actually down the disc! Similarly, though one of these David Bowie sleeves is for Ashes to Ashes, it actually contains Life On Mars? The other Ashes to Ashes is an alternative version of the song, and although I already own Somebody to Love it's in a plain sleeve rather than the picture sleeve so I'm glad to add that to my Queen collection. And Instant Karma! just happens to be my favourite John Lennon solo song.

I'm not sure how I'll fit everything in my already overflowing suitcase, but I'm a determined girl so I'm sure I'll manage it!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard