Everybody is a part of everything anyway, you can have everything if you let yourself be

I recently started a new sketch journal and I really love how it's coming together so far, even if I am just a few pages in. I picked something spiral bound, usually I go for moleskines which aren't practical as I like to build up the pages so much. They're also much easier to draw with as you can flip the entire thing back on itself which is much easier for drawing on the go.


This is my favourite spread so far. The postcard was received with a vintage clothing order.



I changed my hair too. I've wanted green hair for the longest time, but haven't had the courage, telling myself all the excuses. But then I ran out of them, and before I knew it the dye had turned up on my doorstep. I love it, I haven't felt this excited about my appearance in a long time and it feels so very me. I couldn't help but have a little chuckle when going through the dying process though, remembering the story of Roger Taylor dying his hair green by accident by over processing the blond - then getting really upset and trying to destroy all photographic evidence. Bless!




I can't normally be bothered with the sales, but I ended up looking in Topshop to kill time and saw this wonderful technicolour bishop sleeve poking out the sale rail. I grabbed for it instantly, confused as it felt and looked vintage, but in Topshop?? It is vintage, sold by a brand called 'Loving Youth'. They've hacked the bottom off and poorly hemmed it, I imagine it was once a beautiful maxi dress, unmistakably from the '70s. I hope it was damaged and they didn't attack a perfectly good vintage dress. I had to rescue it, it'll look fab with my vintage suede vests and a pair of coloured tights to cheer it back up again. It felt like fate that I should find it.

I also recently bought this little bundle of original Biba make up! Vintage make up isn't something I'd ever really considered owning before, I'd thought it unusable and just decorative knick-knacks. But all of the things I bought are deadstock from when the store went bankrupt in 1975, so perfectly hygienic and I'm obsessed with the colours. I debated a little with myself over whether I would use the products, but I definitely shall. I have no need to preserve them, and I don't believe there's anything dangerous in the ingredients, we're not talking back in the days when they used lead after all!



A little different from your modern contour palette! The little compact is perfect and I can imagine slipping it in my handbag to touch up my make up on the go.



Dreamy powder tints for eyeshadow. They're beautifully pigmented, much more so than modern equivalent brands.



This nail varnish is 40 years old and perfect, whereas I have nail varnishes I purchased a year ago that are a gloopy mess in their bottles already. It's a beautiful metallic rust colour, the photo here really doesn't do it justice.



This shimmery blue foundation feels as glam rock as you could possibly get! It reminds me of Bowie and Marc Bolan each time I look at it. They had a separate product called "China Girl Cheeks", whereas this is "China Girl Foundation", so I'm not sure if originally this would of been intended to wear over the entire face like we think of foundation today? It'll look perfect as a highlighter, especially above the lilac contour, like Twiggy in her Biba make up below.





Gorgeous Biba dolly Madeline Smith, and below a shop girl working her shift at the Biba make up counter. I love how opulent Biba were, providing affordable glamour to the everyday girl. Nowadays these kind of extravagant aesthetics would be reserved for high end stores, which is truly a shame.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard