I get by with a little help from my friends

I don't know what's happening but 2015 really seems to be shaping up to be the year of poor health for me! I'm just starting to recover from a bout of salmonella which left me completely incapacitated this past week, I've been struggling a lot with my mental health this year, and earlier in April I was in a serious car accident and had to have surgery to put me back together again - and am still recovering from this as I'm sure you can imagine.

I've been reminded of the absolute kindness of people throughout all of this though, the kindest gesture being from Jessica at Chronically Vintage. When she learnt of the car accident she sent me a heartfelt email wishing me well, and went further to put together a sweet little package of gifts which she sent to me all the way from Canada (and I'm aware of how insane Canadian shipping prices are!) It was really overwhelming receiving it, so much thought had clearly been put in as each item had been carefully selected and individually wrapped. And she knows me so well!





She sent me two scarves, several pieces of jewellery, a gold vintage clutch bag, vintage blue tights, vintage rick-rack (I sew and rick rack is my favourite trim), a notepad with a Paris theme (I'm kind of obsessed with France), with a lovely little card. I felt spoilt rotten. I've never had vintage tights before and admit I feel a bit sentimental about taking them out of the packet they've happily lived in for the last 40 or so years (but they're such a perfect colour I most certainly will!) I also feel it's high time I learnt how to wear a scarf beyond tying it around my neck, I now own 5 lovely scarves which deserve to be shown off much more than they are.

Thank you so much again Jessica! x

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard