Glammed Up | Royal Blue & Silver Ball Makeup

Hey beauties!
A couple of weekends ago we went to a charity ball called The Ball Of Hope to raise money for mental health & Telethon which is an annual Western Australian fundraising organization that raises money for children with illness, so it was a good cause to get dressed up & help contribute towards that. In fact the Telethon child for this year is a girl from my home town so it felt even more meaningful. It was a fun night, we enjoyed a photo booth that they had where you dress up with props. But of course the fun part was getting ready.

You will see my dress in a moment, I was so excited to get and it got here with one week to spare so I was very thankful for that. With the makeup, of course I wanted it to be glamorous & I took the colour theme for my dress and hoped it wouldn't look too matchy-matchy.

Apologies for the pic heavy post!

 ~Products~
 Eyes: MAC Painterly paintpot (Primer), Maybelline CTT in Electric Blue (Base), MAC Nylon (inner corner, highlight) Inglot 428 (Metallic Blue), MAC Contrast (outer corner). For the crease I used a mixture of colours, although I was never happy with it, primarily I used Charming from the Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette & Urban Decay Tease. For blending I used Dainty from Pretty Rebel. I then did my eyeliner with the Tarte gel eyeliner and above that line, created the glitter liner firstly using Nyx Glitter liner in Disco & setting it with Nyx Silver glitter. Lastly I applied my mascara & the eyelashes I used are Ardell Demi Wispies.
Face: YSL Touche Eclat (center of face) + Nars Sheer Glow (all over),MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Light, Benefit Hoola bronzer, The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer highlighter, NARS Sex Appeal
Lips: Bourjois Levres Contour in #17 I think?, MAC Angel

I curled my hair with a Bed Head clampless curling wand all in the same direction and pulled to one side & pinned in place. I brushed out the curls with my fingers after hairspraying to give them a messy look.
 With my partner, friends & my BFF that I've known since pre-primary school :)

My dress is from www.myballdressau.com, it is so well made & I am absolutely in love with it, hopefully I can wear it somewhere else! I only got it a week before the ball but luckily it didn't need to be tailored because the asymmetrical hemline meant I wasn't tripping over it & it had a tie up back so the bust wasn't too big. If you are ordering a month before an event make sure you pay a little bit extra for a rush order!

My shoes are by "shoezy" from eBay and I loved how they looked with the dress. I went jewelery free because the sequins & shoes were so blingy, but I do wish I wore some 'dainty' bangles.
They also had a photo booth there, lots of fun!
Thanks for looking!
If you were to go to a ball, what would your style be?
xx

P.S I cannot log onto blogger from my phone, all I get is infinite page redirects which is the worst pain in the world. I normally post drafts from my phone so it makes it really hard. Can it be fixed?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard