Let There Be More Light

The new year always feels so full of positivity and hope to me, which I know is silly; after all it's just a day like any other and you can make changes to your life at any time you like. But it always feels like a fresh start, and I feel so hopeful for that clean slate and welcome it with arms thrown wide open. Although the world at large may feel like it's falling to pieces, we can still improve our own little worlds as best we can and to be honest I've been thinking about my goals for 2017 for far longer than I care to admit! I thought I'd share those thoughts with you.



01.


I definitely haven't blogged much this year, and have felt quite disconnected from my blog as a whole. It's become a strange space to me, I used to feel part of a community on here and everyday would be excited to read all of the blogs I follow and it really inspired me to blog and share thoughts and ideas with people I liked and admired. And now they've all gone, and my blog list is looking rather bare and sorry for itself. Not only is that depressing as I truly miss interacting and reading particular blogs that are no more, I'm finding it difficult to find blogs to replace them with. I truly hate mainstream blogging with it's cold white backgrounds and bland generic content to appeal to advertisers, but it can be difficult to find like minded bloggers with similar interests as they're generally smaller. And that's something I'd really like to focus on this year, building up my blog and posting more regularly as well as trying to find new blogs to read and a new blogging community. I love blogging, and I refuse to give up on it. I know many have moved over to platforms like Instagram instead, but it just doesn't compare to me. Instagram is disposable, a blog is more personal and allows me to feel like I'm connecting with the person behind it.
If you know of any blogs you think I'd love, please please let me know!

02.


Draw more. I bought a new A5 sketchbook recently, and I aim to fill it. I always give up on sketchbooks as I feel a need to create perfect art in them, and give up before I get a chance to "wreck" it. I want to rid myself of this mindset, and so I'm challenging myself to draw every day until this sketchbook is full. It's a perfectly achievable goal as a drawing can literally be anything from a fully formed drawing to a 3 minute doodle. I used to draw every day, I'd take my sketchbook everywhere with me and pull it out every time I had a few minutes spare and didn't particularly care what each page looked like or whether it was cohesive, I was just having fun. I want to get back to that and loose the perfectionism.

03.


Pretty much related, but I also want to create more in general. I have so much sewing inspiration and the materials to do it, so I want to stop procrastinating and just do it! I also want to finish my crochet project before summer. And to just stop procrastinating on my crafts in general, it's something I love to do but I've built things up in my head to feel like mammoth tasks instead of something I can do as and when I feel like, which it actually is.

04.


I also just want to do more things in general and feel like I'm living more and really embracing life. I often never quite get around to things, plan to go to places then put it off. I've had enough, if I want to go somewhere on a whim then I will! No more excuses!

05.


This one is specific, and one that I'm deliberately going to be a little cagey on as it's something far in the future and I don't want to lay all of my cards on the table about it just yet. I really want to travel next year, and I'm specifically thinking next December (so I can escape Christmas), and to try backpacking. I've fully researched where I want to go and it's something completely doable, the only thing stopping me would be my own cowardliness which is a lame excuse not to do something.

I've only ever traveled before when I've had a complete booking at a well researched hotel and a full itinerary of exactly what to do on every day that I'm there. So the idea of going somewhere without a thorough plan, without extensive bookings in place beyond my plane ticket, is a little terrifying (it's also worth noting I'll be solo!). But I also think it could do my confidence the world of good, and it would be such an incredible experience that I'm really hoping I can build the courage to go through with it.

~

They're quite broad goals, but mostly for 2017 I just want to be brave, have fun, create more, explore, and above all just live. I feel like I've just been floating throughout 2016, and now it's time for me to take control.

What are your hopes for 2017?

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard