In my room

I'm all moved in! It's been a truly exhausting couple of days, using far more of my energy resources than I even had and I look like I've been attacked from how many bruises I've gotten from moving stuff that's too heavy for me. But it's done! I'm here and unpacked. I've got my room mostly how I like it. It doesn't feel like home yet, but it definitely feels homely and like my own little sanctuary so hopefully once I'm just more settled in to the area it'll evolve into feeling like home. Home is just a state of mind.

I was really dreading the coloured wall before I moved in, but it's ended up suiting my decor perfectly and I'm really pleased with it. Despite being rented, I feel like I've managed to make the place very me. In fact looking at it it's probably hard to believe I moved in only four days ago! I've captioned most of the photos because I think things are more interesting with context, but skip over if that's not your thing.



I personally think rugs are the best way to make a rented place feel cosy and like your own. And they don't have to be expensive either - the shagpile is from Ikea and the stripey one from Aldi. The throw on my chair is from Urban Outfitters, but I don't recommend it as it took 3 months to arrive and they were incredibly unapologetic about the shoddy service.


I hate myself for how much I spent on that candle, but I really love cinnamon. The two vases are vintage 1970s.



My absolute favourite corner of my room. The shelf is supporting 250 records which I thought was pushing my luck but *touch wood* it's holding.


Watermelon bunting is from the party section at Tesco, I love how well it matches the wall. My bedding and cushions are vintage and probably a fire hazard as it's all 100% polyester. I have a Pink Floyd poster I'm considering hanging on that door, but I don't want the place to look too cluttered so I'm undecided.



The record playing is Hot Fuss by The Killers. I'm always curious by those things, so there you go.



More stationary pots. I have so many art supplies that I'm really anal about keeping them organised and accessible. You can't really see in this photo, but the one that looks frosted white has a crab on it. I like collecting things with crabs on because I'm Cancerian.



Most of my dresser stuff is vintage, either from vintage malls or eBay. The yellow chest holds my jewellery and is from a Japanese brand called Swimmer - you can buy from them abroad with a shopping service.


Please excuse the raggy little dog, he's my friend since babyhood and I didn't want to hurt his feelings by hiding him away. I kept seeing these light up rabbits (which I loved for the Alice in Wonderland vibes) in Urban Outfitters for £8, then I found this identical one in the sale section of Primark for 50p. Lava lamp is from Argos. Blue cart is from Ikea.






Photo above is interactive, hover over it to read more.


I'm a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland for personal reasons, maybe I'll touch upon why in a future entry. I'm a Lewis Carroll purist, but the Disney film is my exception and I adore it. I picked up Alice from Disneyland Paris, she's wonderfully detailed. I love the '80s aesthetic of my Pioneer amplifier.


I don't wear my Beatles dress much, but it makes perfect decor.


My pin board isn't done in a way I'm 100% happy with yet, but I think it's the kind of thing that needs to evolve by itself as I collect things to tack on it. At the moment it's mostly portraits I've drawn, some framed and some not. The Beatles thing is a vintage tea towel (some of the things they had, really). The Alice in Wonderland sign is made of tin from Truffle Shuffle, I'm particularly fond it because it's the design that was on the front of my VHS case of the film when I was little. The big Queen thing is actually a patch to put on the back of your jacket, but that's not really my style so I keep it on the wall. The pennant is of Ringo Starr and is a reproduction I got on eBay. And there's a vintage newspaper clipping from 1981 advertising Roger Taylor's album Fun in Space.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Adbox

@templatesyard